Deep Yoga was the first UK based Yoga School to receive accreditation from Yoga Alliance (USA), that both meets and exceeds the elevated standards that were introduced in early 2020. Incorporating 53 distinct modules our Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) provides the most comprehensive 200 hour YTT course available. Thus, providing a solid foundation for aspiring Yoga teachers, and an opportunity for existing teachers to re-invigorate and refresh their knowledge and teaching. Our modular 200 hour training offers in-depth exploration of key Yoga topics, extensively covered in our bespoke 700+ page training manual. This along with the use of key reference texts will provide the next level of inquiry and expression.
We’ve Set The Bar High…
Because we can! The Deep Yoga faculty is made up of very strong national and internationally trained teaching staff. Our aim for this training is to be the “GOLD STANDARD” and a bench mark for others, which it is.🙂 The course has been designed to provide aspiring teachers with both the technical and communication skills required to give their students a truly outstanding experience each and every time they attend a class.
Students Should Expect/Demand…
A strong, safe and creative training program where they will gain a wide and solid foundation of traditional Yoga. Our Yoga lineage can be traced back more than 100 years and three generations to Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya. Thus, our training honours the traditional values of Yoga, whilst taking advantage of modern scientifically based advancements of asana techniques and teaching methods. The training is modular, making it easy to follow and will equip students with the tools necessary for life as an Internationally Certified Yoga Teacher.
Reasons Why You Need to do Yoga Teacher Training
While there is always a good reason to learn Yoga for health benefits, if you really wish to learn more about Yoga as an ancient scientific practice then it’s a great idea to do YTT. Yoga is not just about the physical asana practice but is an amalgamation of practices that also bring benefits to your emotional, mental and spiritual well-being.
Provides Deep Yoga Learning
Perhaps you consider yourself a novice of Yoga or a veteran of many years? Doing YTT is what will give you a really deep understanding of Yoga. From a purely physical prospective you will develop the skills to enhance your asana practice. During YTT you will study anatomy which will give you a much broader understanding of asana, adjustments and alignment, helping to avoid injuries to both yourself and others. However, there is so much more to Yoga, and YTT gives you this deeper understanding of its true nature. You will learn that the various aspects of Yoga lead to self-discovery. For many, YTT is a life-changing experience.
Affords Deep Personal Practice
Doing Yoga is a good practice to adopt in general. However, if you really wish to strengthen your personal practice then doing YTT allows for more attention to detail. You will be able to grasp your physical, mental and emotional make-up and realise your true potential. We start with the easy, understanding postures, their true alignment and the anatomy involved in each which help have a positive impact on health and well-being. Each individual has specific asana needs and the training helps recognise those that are suitable. Doing YTT allows you to focus on YOU, helping in getting a stronger body, along with emotional and mental development. You may surprise yourself by mastering poses you thought you were incapable of even trying.🙂
Deepen Your Thinking
Yoga brings positive changes to the way you view your life. Asana is not enough but it is an important aspect because if the body is still, the mind is still and that leaves you more centered. YTT allows you to explore Yoga from all angles, which increase your awareness. This allows you to see the negative and positive aspects of certain behaviours, aspects in your life and relationships, thus enabling change, leading to personal growth. In fact, Yoga teach you discipline, humility and leaves you open and alert to take on what life has to offer with more composure and self-control which are no small achievements. YTT gives you a chance to heal and to train for the change that you seek and which will be joyous for you and others.
Boosts Life Skills
YTT will give you skills you can use your entire life and these are the tools that can enhance your life like never before.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Creative thinking and critical thinking.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-awareness and empathy.
The training will provide you with a readymade community that will support you to grow because that is what they are all striving for themselves. This bonding is powerful enough to last you a lifetime and you have people you can reach out to when you need clarity or when things are not so good. The training vastly improves your knowledge of Yoga history, philosophy, breath control, meditation and asana which will all help empower you.
Develops Your Spirituality
Yoga teacher training also helps you get in touch with your spirituality, something not always achieved when practicing the third limb in isolation. Studying Yoga Sutras, reciting mantras and practicing meditation will allow you to open up to spiritual practices that can transform you. Regular practice of these aspects of Yoga, help you in your internal journey, where you connect to yourself more meaningfully. Once you begin these practices you will begin to notice the changes in your thinking patterns. These changes in thought processes are your cue to better understanding who you are, enabling you to accept yourself and gain the confidence to lead a more holistic life.
Just to clarify, Yoga is NOT a religion. The practice and philosophy is all encompassing and universal, so there is no requirement to forgo or have a faith to reap the benefits.
Still Reading…Great 🙂
So you’re really thinking about doing Yoga Teacher Training!
Now you just have to buckle down and commit. Here are some great reasons why:
- You’re ready for change. You will not be the same person after you graduate. Training ignites change in a person’s life, and not always in ways you expect or anticipate.
- You want to deepen your practice. Look, you’re not going to walk away from your training knowing everything. It’s impossible to crush it in 200 hours. But if you’re ready to dig deeper into anatomy and philosophy and learn more about how your body works—do it.
- You’re looking to make some of the best friends you’ve made since School, College or University. These folks will watch you grow and change and before you know it, they will become your Yoga family.
- You want to face your demons. You will unearth some of the most negative self-talk and judgements, but you will have the chance to cleanse the mind and let go.
- You want to take it past the physical. Yoga is so much more than asana (poses) and you’re going to find out how and why.
- You want to read some of the oldest, most meaningful Yoga texts. Don’t skip the reading assignments. They’re really important.
- You want to figure out how to be a better friend/family member. Teacher training teaches you how to listen in a deep, intuitive and compassionate way.
- You want to share Yoga with others. The best way to share something is to learn how to teach it.
- You want to learn alternative ways to heal bodies and hearts. Yoga teacher training is especially useful for people already working in the physical and psychological therapy sectors.
- You want to learn about Ayurveda. Trust me. You do want to learn about this.
- You want to learn how to help people with your hands. Providing hands-on adjustments can be really scary. But you’ll learn how to gently guide bodies into safe and supportive postures with confidence.
- You want to understand where Yoga came from. This is key. It’s hard to share a practice with such deep roots when you don’t understand where it came from and how it became what it is in the West.
- You want to become a better partner. So much of leading a Yoga class is clearly and simply explaining what you expect from your class. Imagine being able to do that during a heated moment with your life partner!
- You want to learn to hold space for everyone. Holding space is the key to being a good Yoga teacher. Learning to do this will make you a better professional, a better parent, a better friend, a better partner, and a better family member. To be able to be truly present in conversations is exactly what the world needs more of.
- You want to bust Yoga myths. Thanks to the Internet, there’s a lot of misinformation out there. A good YTT course will help you understand what is factual/true, ambiguous, or plain false!
- You want to be more open-minded. If you think life is black and white (or struggle to see it any other way), YTT will highlight how grey everything truly is, and that’s OK.
- You want to figure out what it is that you have to offer the world. By truly listening during a YTT, you will start to understand what it is that you are here to do. This isn’t something most people figure out in a lifetime. So, YTT is a helpful shortcut.
- You want to learn from some of your favorite teachers. The best way to get close to your favorite teachers is to take a teacher training from them.
- You’re ready for a life of integrity. It’s basically a lot harder to be a hypocrite when you know that your students are looking to you for answers.
- You want to try different styles of Yoga. This is an effective way to learn what the entire scope of Yoga has to offer.
- You want to learn more about how to live a life of balance. This is by far one of the most rewarding parts of YTT.
- You’re ready to own your life. Do you blame things on others a lot? After graduation you won’t be doing much of that again.
- You want to see how diverse the world really is. When you teach, you are not teaching to a room full of athletic models. Learning to speak to everyone in the room is learning to understand that the world has a lot of very special people in it.
- You want to make an investment in the future of your whole self. Teacher training isn’t cheap. But with time the investment in yourself will seem worthwhile, with the rewards that come from YTT.
- You want to fall in love with yourself. After you learn how hard you’ve been on yourself, you’ll figure out how to love yourself.
🙂What Are You Waiting For!🙂